Tour Departs: April 21st to 27th - 7 Days
Enjoy seven days chasing light and photographing breathtaking landscapes in one of Australia’s most spectacular States!
The Tasmania: Landscape Photography Tour is your ticket to a landscape photography experience that will amaze and inspire you. With Cam Blake (wilderness photographer) and Seng Mah (travel/landscape photographer) in tow, you will discover the best of what Tasmania has to offer while learning to develop and refine your eye in fine art landscape photography.
Both Cam and Seng are experienced photography teachers who will help grow your understanding of the key techniques in landscape photography and, through working with you during the tour, develop your understanding of the fundamental elements of landscape photography: light, composition and mood.
This full inclusive tour makes sure that everything is covered: your accommodation, main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), land transportation, in-field guidance and tuition and all national park permits. It’s a great way to enjoy the beauty of Tasmania in a hassle-free way, thus allowing you to concentrate on what you love best: photography and image-making!
We'll be living and breathing landscape photography on this tour -- sunrises and sunsets spent shooting, time in between exploring the environment and looking for unique shots, and down time talking photography and image-editing techniques and tips. It will be the best seven days of you've experienced in a long time, doing what you love and mingling with like-minded landscape lovers!
You will enjoy this tour if:
- You are absolutely love landscape photography and want to photograph some of the most amazing and iconic Australian landscapes.
- You have a strong desire to learn and to become better at creating landscape images.
- You are driven by the importance of light in landscape photography – especially the light available at the beginning and end of the day.
- You have a love for the wilderness and exploring the great outdoors.
- You enjoy the company of other like-minded photographers and look forward to spending time talking photography.
- You have a good level of fitness ie. you are able to hike on a trail while carrying your own camera bag and tripod for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to get to photographic
Day 1 – 3: Cradle Mountain National Park
We begin with your pick up in Launceston and head to Cradle Mountain National Park, where we spend three days chasing light in one of this country’s most pristine and magnificent wilderness landscapes. You will be exploring and shooting at sunrise and sunset, with a spot of astrophotography thrown in weather permitting. This is the season where the fagus, Australia’s only native deciduous beech, turns to a golden hue, which will add bright spots of colour to our landscapes. We will also explore the waterfalls trail and photograph Pencil Pine Falls, the Cascades and Knyvet Falls.
Day 4: Bay of Fires
Sunrise, sunset and golden hour shoots at the legendary Bay of Fires, where red-crusted boulders tumble down to the aquamarine wash of the sea. This dramatic landscape was made for photography and you’ll enjoy time here, capturing its various moods and light. We will also enjoy a shoot at Liffey Falls and St Columba Falls en route to/from the Bay of Fires.
Day 5: Freycinet National Park
Freycinet National Park is home to two of Tasmania’s most commanding natural landmarks: the Hazards mountain range and the very scenic Wineglass Bay. We will photograph the spectacular Hazards mountain range at Freycinet National Park from a number of locations, including Coles Bay and Honeymoon Bay. Honeymoon Bay, in particular, is an incredibly beautiful setting, with crystal clear water and views towards the Hazards. You will also enjoy a walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout – one of the most scenic views of this iconic Tasmanian landmark.
Day 6 – 7: Mount Wellington and Mount Field National Park
We spend two days in Hobart, with photographic opportunities at Mount Wellington (Kunanyi), which towers above Hobart, offering spectacular views across the city and bays, and embark on a day trip to Mount Field National Park, to explore its temperate climate rainforests and waterfalls.
Your Photography Guides - Cam Blake & Seng Mah
Seng and Cam are experienced photography educators with years of experience teaching workshops and running photography tours. Cam is a wilderness photographer and accredited operator within Tasmanian and Victorian National Parks. Seng is a travel, portrait and landscape photographer who has been running photography tours and teaching photography for 10 years. Both Seng and Cam are members of the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers, which means that you have the assurance that you’ll be traveling with and guided by professionals at the height of their career. You’ll enjoy the mentoring and guidance that Cam and Seng provide during the tour and learn how to refine your vision for fine art landscape photography.
- Six nights accommodation.
- All ground transport in a comfortable mini-bus.
- All in-tour main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) ie. dinner (Day 1), breakfast, lunch and dinner (Days 2 – 6), Breakfast (Day 7).
- National park permits and entry fees.
- Photography guidance and tuition.
- Your flight/travel to Launceston and from Hobart, Tasmania.
- Comprehensive travel insurance and insurance for your photographic equipment.
- Photographic equipment – you will need to bring and carry your own photographic equipment during this tour.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenses eg. wifi, laundry, medication, incidental snacks and beverages.
A note on fitness level for tour participants:
As we will be exploring wilderness areas on this tour, a reasonable level of fitness is required if you would like to make the most of the opportunities available. You will need to be able to carry your own camera pack and tripod to locations on this tour, with a few locations requiring hikes along well-marked trails of about 30 – 50 minutes duration (most hikes are shorter, around 15 – 20 minutes duration). You should also possess a reasonable level of fitness and mobility as these hikes may be partly uphill/downhill in some areas. If you have any questions about the physical aspects of this tour, feel free to contact Seng or Cam for more information.
- AUD$3999 twin share for guests traveling with a friend or partner who is also a paying guest (sharing a room with your friend/partner).
- A single supplement of $850 is available for guests who are not traveling with another paying guest, or guests who request their own room.
To reserve your place bookings are being taken via Seng's website to minimalise confusion. Book here - PLEASE DO NOT "ADD TO CART" - Please book Via Seng's website