October 7th - 17th 2019
New Zealand PhotoTour - South Island
$4999* Twin Share / $5999* Single Share
6 Spots Available
So here we go...
The South Island of New Zealand has to be on the top of every photographers list of places to go. Within the South Island there is photography opportunities around every corner. It is really hard to not stop the car every kilometre to capture the amazing beauty that is New Zealand.
It has taken awhile to get this tour together because I wanted to make sure it was tip top the whole way. I think I have created this in the New Zealand PhotoTour of 2019.
So what will we see along the way? In short, we will see as much as you can packed into 10 days.
From our meeting point of Christchurch we will head west and in a counter clockwise direction around the southern island of NZ. Our itinerary will look a little like this: A FULL ITINERARY WILL BE EMAILED UPON BOOKING
- Day 0 - Meet in Christchurch and have a welcome dinner to introduce ourselves and discuss the days ahead.
- Day 1 - we set off to the west coast of the island via Castle Hill, Arthur's Pass and into the seaside township of Hokitika. Highlights of Day 2 include the Castle Hill limestone rocks, the Devil's Punchbowl waterfalls at Arthur's Pass and explore the Hokitika Gorge and Lake Kaniere.
- Day 2 - From Hokitika we head down the west coast via Fox Glacier. Staying in the township of Fox Glacier we will explore the Fox Glacier valley and stand in awe of this amazing natural wonder.
- Day 3 - We leave the west coast and Fox Glacier and head inland via the Haast Pass, photographing some amazing waterfalls and ancient forest scenes. Into the famous township of Wanaka, and that's right... the Wanaka Tree! We will also explore the Mt Aspiring National Park and Ski regions.
- Day 4 - After capturing Wanaka and her surroundings at sunrise we check out and head south for Queenstown and the gateway to the deep south and the Fiorlands.
- Day 5 - Time for a lazy day. Staying in the Queenstown region we will take a few leisurely drives to Glenorchy and further into this incredible mountainous region. Back in Q'Town and we will take an exciting ride up the Queenstown Skyline Gondola's for a sunset dinner overlooking Queenstown.
- Day 6 - Time to go back in time and visit the breathtaking region of Milford Sound and the Fiorlands National Park. A day spent in this incredible region will have you screaming out for more. We will spend part of the day cruising around the Sound on luxury ferry ride that will take you up close and personal to the towering waterfalls of the Sound.
- Day 7 - After a big previous day we are back in Queenstown where will will start our way out to the East Coast of the south island and visit the historic township of Dunedin. From our accomodation we will head out and capture some sunsets and sunrises of the surrounding coastlines, including the Nuggets Point Lighthouse.
- Day 8 - Time to hit the road again. After leaving Dunedin we will capture some more of the amazing coastline features of the East Coast; first stop will be the Moeraki Boulders. From here we head inland and towards New Zealand highest peak, Mt Cook. We will rest our heads in Twizel, ready to take on Mt Cook the following day.
- Day 9 - Mt Cook - NZ's highest peak is a peak that will blow your mind. We will spend the day exploring the region along with walking into the Hooker Valley to the foot of this mighty peak. Weather permitting we will also get our heads lost in the clearest night skies in the world, Astro-Photography.
- Day 10 - Our last day allows for a relaxed day to return to Christchurch where we will say our good-byes.
What is included?
- Accomodation - 4 to 5 Star Rooms
- Transfers and transport from the duration of the Tour in comfort
- Welcome Dinner at Christchurch - Introductions
- All New Zealand park passes and associated costs
- Full photography tuition
- Queenstown Gondola Entry
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Day snacks and bottled water will be provided during the tour
What is NOT included?
- Airfares to and from New Zealand
- Travel Insurance
- Camera Equipment Insuarnce
- Meals and drinks apart from Tour supplied meals
- Alcoholic drinks
- Room charges and other costs not associated with Tour
A deposit of $1000 is required to book your place on this Tour. This deposit is non-refundable unless due to cancellation of this tour by us. We have a minimal participation requirement of 4 guests for this tour to run.
The remainder of payments can be made in instalments in the lead up to the departure. Final payment must be made no later then 31st March 2019.
Bookings for this Tour will close on 30th January 2019.
For full terms and conditions of our PhotoTours please visit here