Franklin River PhotoTour - Nov/Dec 2020
$1000 Deposit now will secure your place
$3450 - Registrations Open NOW - 8 Spots Available
Email to register your interest - email@example.com
When it comes to Bucket List adventures, the Franklin River Rafting has to be easily in the top 5 world adventures to experience.
Rafting for 8 wild days down this completely untouched and wild river is an experience that you will never forget. For 8 days we let the river take us, inhaling all of its incredible natural beauty it has to offer. And trust me... there is so much!
I have been lucky to experience this trip twice in my lifetime and to this day remains the single greatest adventure of my life. And it is with this experience and amazing memories that I wanted to offer this up to everyone... with a twist of photography thrown in.
The Franklin River has been the centre of Australia wide publicity since the late 1970' and early 80's as the river was scheduled to be dammed. An action that was widely opposed, protested and rallied against. The Franklin River was saved in May 1983 after the High Court decided the dam would not be going ahead. From this day onwards it has been and will continue to be a natural treasure of Australia and indeed the World, one that everyone should experience.
As we meander along the mighty river we will photograph sites only this river can offer you.
Giant ravines, amazing wildlife, untouched rainforests including the Huon Pine tree, brilliant colours of the river and rocks, ever changing geology and flora as we head down the river, and so much more. It really has so much to offer to any photographer wanting to capture unique and untouched beauty.
Capture photographs that so many will never get the privilege to capture themselves.
Some of our main location we will shoot are;
- The Irenabyss
- The Great Ravine
- Newlands Cascades
- The Lower Franklin and The Lost World (Limestone Caves)
- Huon Pine and other Tasmania native old growth trees
- Rock Island Bend (Made famous by Tasmanian Photographer Peter Dombroksi
- Kutikina Cave (Indigenous Aboriginal Caves)
- Numerous Tasmanian wildlife encounters
- The beautiful upper Gordon River
What is included?
We will be joining forces with the wonderful guys at Franklin River Rafting who are the leaders in Franklin River Rafting Tours. They will be our guides for this incredible trip, with I being your Photography guide along the way.
- Accomodation - Camping along the river is one of the most special features of this trip. Most nights camping under tarpaulins or if you prefer hiking tents can be provided
- Transfers and transport to and from the Franklin River (ex Hobart)
- Tents, backpacks, sleeping mats, sleeping bags if required.
- Meals - Franklin River Rafting provide cooking all the way
- All park passes and associated costs
- All required rafting equipment and wetsuit/water gear
- Full Photography Tuition
- Full comprehensive safety briefing
What is NOT included?
- Airfares to and from Tasmania
- Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic drinks
- Paddling your oar
For more detail on this trip, including food, safety, rafting, etc... as we head down the river please visit Franklin River Rafting
Price: Single Share $3450 AUD